In response to modern business world expectations, Warsaw University of Technology Business School has transformed an out-of-date traditional structure of managerial programmes into an innovative THREE PILLARS approach that aspires to shape advanced leaders.
All programmes offered by WUT Business School are based on those three pillars: Knowledge for Business, Business in Action and Personal Development: Transformation Labs. These result in a responsible, effective and competent leader, capable of facing modern world challenges.
SPECIAL OFFER! FLEXIBLE STUDY FORMULA
Students now have a chance to obtain the MBA diploma after just 3 semesters!
For those interested, there is also a possibility to take up the 4th semester of the studies and gain even more knowledge during individually chosen specialized modules.
Pillar I: Knowledge for Business
It is a set of standard areas of knowledge and skills necessary for versatile managers aspiring to become fully-fledged leaders one day. Knowledge for business covers, among others, economics, finance, accounting, marketing, operations management and legal aspects of business activity, strategy, management control and information systems, and human resources management.
Core Course Executive MBA
1. Opening Lecture & Information Meeting
2. Team building – full-day workshop & networking outside of Warsaw
3. Knowledge Resources on the Web (ONLINE MODULE)
SUBJECT AREA 1: EXECUTIVE ECONOMICS: MACRO-MICRO PERSPECTIVE
SUBJECT AREA 2: MARKETING & SALES MANAGEMENT
1. Marketing Management
2. Digital & Social Media Marketing
3. BrandPro simulation game
4. Sales & Negotiations
SUBJECT AREA 3: MANAGING PEOPLE AND ORGANISATIONS
1. Human Resources Management and Talent Development
2. Organisational Behaviour
3. Change Management
SUBJECT AREA 4: CORPORATE FINANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT
1. Accounting for Executives
2. Financial Statements for Executives
3. Corporate Financial Decisions and Risk Management
4. Understanding Private Equity
5. Compliance Management
SUBJECT AREA 5: MANAGING OPERATIONS, PROJECTS AND DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
1. Operations Management
2. Business Information Systems & Business Analytics
3. Enterpreneurial & Innovation Management
4. Digital Product Design
• Business Ethics
• Social Impact Lab Our world is facing problems of utmost urgency and unprecedented scale that can no longer be solved at the symptoms levels. In order to reach the core of the issues, we need to work on deeper levels of our creativity and strengthen our connection with the emerging future. “The Theory U” of the MIT Presencing Institute gives a unique method and framework for this type of deep social change process. It has attracted over 100000 people in 185 countries and you will have a unique opportunity to learn its principles and to apply them in real life. The cases will be brought to you by renowned non-profit organizations and you, together with your team, will be requested to provide a solution to their problem and have your chance to make a real change in the world.
By choosing a set of Specialized Courses, students can get more concentrated expertise in industries, functions, and ideas that interest them most. Students are obliged to complete at least three facultative courses from the courses held in Warsaw, Vilnus, Innsbruck and Milan.
The WUT Business School
• NEW! Cybersecurity Management
• NEW! Energy Challenges
• Project Management & Business Transformation • Big Data, Company Valuation and Mergers • Design Thinking • Industry 4.0
• Global Macroeconomics • Managing International Business
Please be informed that the offer may slightly change.
Pillar II: Business in Action
The Business in Action pillar consolidates the knowledge and skills from various areas in the process of solving complex and multidimensional problems. The pillar operates through special workshops and business projects delivered by students. Business in Action is a sort of cutting-edge executive training that trains you in the four roles needed for business: an investor, an entrepreneur, a consultant and a new CEO.
Business Analysis Project
Preparation of the formal research paper in the area of economics and management. Analyzing the problem and presenting the outcome of the research.
What do you gain? Development of analytical and advocacy skills.
An exercise in creating highly innovative business projects – a hypothetical start-up company. Students must shape the project, create a feasible business plan and convince the investors to finance it, in cooperation with MIT Enterprise Forum CEE. >>> more
What do you gain? The ability to follow the entrepreneurial process of taking an idea and developing a new venture with an excellent business model.
Solving real-life problems of existing companies. Students examine the problem, make a fact-finding trip and deliver a consultancy report for the firm. The exercise has an international dimension.
What do you gain? The ability to define, analyze, and find solutions to real-life, complex business problems.
Pillar III: Personal Development: Transformation Labs
If you’re in the course of preparing a complex development plan of yourself as a manager and/or leader, one thing you should definitely remember about is appropriate attending to your interpersonal skills, self-awareness and self-improvement. Numerous real-life cases prove their crucial role both in establishing and maintaining business relations and in the overall efficiency and well-being of people within their professional environment.
Personal Development: Transformation Labs
This pillar aims to create opportunities for an insight into one’s personal skills and competences of managers and development in terms of the needs arising from the challenges of technological revolution and social change, including cultural and generational diversity. It’s a transformation process combining elements of individualization and teamwork with the use of modern diagnostic and workshop tools.
Personal Development: Transformation Labs is a unique combination of:
– Diagnosis of your personal strengths and areas for effective development of management and leadership skills
– Access to practical techniques and personal development models
– Opportunity to confront the vision of your career with the market reality
The Programme consists of four complementary elements:
1.Get an Insight – you will get an opportunity to diagnose yourself through Core Leadership Competences 360º assessment and other tests providing insights into your behaviors in various business contexts (i. a.. teamwork, communication, resolving conflicts)
2. Define Your Development Goals – you will get an opportunity to attend individual development sessions, with the support of your personal Coach/Mentor, making critical analysis and preparing your individual development plan.
3. Practice Efficient Interactions with Others – you will participate in a series of practical workshops shaping your skills, i. a. cooperation skills, critical thinking, resolving complex problems, engaging and motivating employees, public speeches and negotiations.
4.Prepare SMART Career Progression Plan – as part of the Talent Tree programme, you will have an opportunity to participate in a General Interview organized by renowned executive search companies which cooperate with the School; the purpose of GE is to give you an insight into how your professional competences are assessed by experienced recruiters in terms of their compatibility with your career objectives.
Optional study visits
WUT Business School’s students have the incredible opportunity to take part in optional study visits in India, the USA, or China. It gives a unique insight into the respective business culture thanks to tailor-made meetings, seminars and networking events with local entrepreneurs, CEOs and acknowledged experts.