President of the Management Board, responsible for Bank Management Area
He graduated from economics at the City College of New York as well as management and interpersonal relationships at Webster University in Vienna.
For nearly 25 years he worked at Citibank as vice president and on managerial positions, among others, at Citibank branches in Japan, Austria, the United Kingdom and France. In the early 1990s, he began his management activity in Poland. He was an independent consultant who participated in establishing Citibank in Warsaw. In 1992 he organized Bank Rolno-Przemysłowy and from 1993 to 1994 he was a general director of Legler Polonia. For four years (1991-1994) he was member of the Supervisory Board of Powszechny Bank Kredytowy (PBK). In the years 1995-2000 he was vice president and president of the Management Board of Raiffeisen Centrobank in Warsaw. Then, he held the position of president of the Management Board of Bank BPH from 2000-2010. From 2010 to 2013 he was an advisor to the Management Board of Deloitte Poland and from 2011 to 2013 a deputy chairman of the Supervisory Board of Alior Bank.
Since September 2013 he has been associated with Bank BGŻ as president of the Management Board.
Besides, Józef Wancer holds the following positions:
– a member of the Supervisory Board of Gothaer Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń S.A.
– a member of the Supervisory Board of KRUK S.A.
– a chapter member of the Business Award Committee of the President of the Republic of Poland
– a member of the Board and the chairman of the Finance Committee of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Foundation
– a chairman of the American Chamber of Commerce in Poland
– a member of the Council of the Business Centre Club.
For his outstanding achievements in banking in the transformation period, Józef Wancer was honoured with the Gold Cross of Merit and the Order of Polonia Restituta.